Learn About Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers help smooth out fine lines and bring youth to the face, and Dr. Roher can provide dermal fillers to brighten your smile even more and enhance your overall appearance. If you’re searching for an effective anti-aging solution for your oral health, our team at Medical Arts Dentistry can offer dermal fillers alongside your dental treatments to restore lost volume and regain your youthful appearance.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Dermal fillers are used by being injected into the mid and deep dermal layers of the skin to correct wrinkles and facial folds, such as deep scars and nasolabial folds, to increase symmetry, balance, and loss of volume. In dentistry, dermal fillers are used along the perioral soft tissues to correct signs of a gummy smile, restore lip volume to restore gum display, and reduce signs of unaesthetic black triangles formed along the teeth. Dermal fillers provide promising aesthetic results and are a safe, cost-effective way to tackle old age and periodontal issues.
The Types of Dermal Fillers Used By Dr. Roher
Dr Carla H. Roher, Diplomate, ABDSM, DMD, FAGD, serves patients by providing her patients with FDA-approved dermal fillers to produce long-lasting aesthetic results. Dentists use two types of fillers in dentistry to treat black triangles: gummy smiles and poor lip volume.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most recurring type of fillers found and used by cosmetic dentists. Hyaluronic acid is found within our skin’s and other tissues’ connective tissues. It volumizes, softens, and hydrates the skin, lasting up to six months or more depending on the areas treated. Through the use of local anesthetic agents before injection, these dermal fillers can safely be used along the lips, gums, and other facial features.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: Less commonly used, calcium hydroxylapatite, known by the brand name Radiesse, is a synthetic filler that is more slowly reabsorbed in the body and assists in collagen production. Its long duration and highly viscous nature make it an excellent alternative but need the accurate placement to avoid negative outcomes.
CALL US TODAY!
What Can Dermal Fillers Treat?
These types of dermal fillers are low-risk solutions for improving outward appearance and, beyond cosmetics, have many aspects of oral health. In these cases, dermal fillers can be used to treat conditions such as:
- Close Tooth Gaps: Black triangles can be disastrous for your overall health, as it’s easy for the teeth to become more prone to tooth decay and gum disease. Dermal fillers can improve the appearance of these dark spaces by improving the surrounding gum tissues.
- Treat TMJ Pain: Dermal fillers can provide cushions to the joints affected by TMJ disorder, reducing signs of pain and discomfort.
- Reduce Signs of Gummy Smile: Gummy smiles affected by overall tooth and jaw structure can be mildly corrected by enhancing the outer lip and facial structures.
- Improve Gum Contours: Gums that are too thin or small to protect the teeth crowns can be enhanced by using dermal fillers, providing extensive volume back to your smile.
For more information about dermal fillers, don’t hesitate to contact Medical Arts Dentistry. Call (912) 355-0605 for your preliminary consultation.